The co-founders of Pushpanjali Econirmit always had a passion for working towards the betterment of the environment. When they came face-to-face with the fact that religious places in India discard over 2 million tons of floral and bio-degradable waste every day, they embarked on a mission to curate a solution on how to salvage this waste. The idea was to preserve the faith of the devotees offering these flowers at religious places and also to re-create valuable products from it that could again be used in religious places.
The initial focus was to research and develop the products that could be made from recycling sacred floral and bio-degradable offerings and then at Pushpanjali Econirmit it started the creation of premium and organic incense products like incense sticks, dhoop cones.
The motivation behind Pushpanjali Econirmit was to prevent the flowers and the other religious offerings from being dumped in trash that eventually pollutes our rivers and water bodies. The founder’s vision is inspired by various Govt. initiatives such as the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, the ‘waste to wealth’ mantra endorsed by Sh. Nitin Gadkari, the Hon’ble Minister of Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and women empowerment.”
We at Pushpanjali Econirmit are trying our best to bring a change in our society in the following ways: –
- By recycling sacred flowers which helps in reducing river pollution
- By uplifting the status of women by providing them employment
- By reducing the ill effects of chemical-based products
Bitter Facts of Pollution from originating from Sacredness
- More than 2 million tons of floral wastes are discarded every day
- The degradation process of floral wastes is very slow which needs an eco-friendly method to utilize the wastes
- 70% of its populations leaves puja residue or offerings as trash and it discarded in rivers
- It leads to almost 5 to 10% of water pollution in India
- Toxic Arsenic, Lead and Cadmium from the harmful farm-runoff, pesticides, insecticides (>1000ppm) used to grow flowers mixes with the river water making it highly poisonous
- Pollution, over-extraction of water and emaciated farm canals are killing the holy rivers
We are certified from Ujjain Nagar Nigam, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. So, all our research on floral wastes and recycling ways are based on the government-approved certified methods. This helps us manufacture the best-in-class products out of recycled flowers. We are constantly looking for other alternate resources to make our products eco-friendly and remarkable.
We have a dedicated team involved in research to constantly focus on discovering alternate resources for making all our products organic and environment friendly. Our entire product range consists of flower-cycled products collected from temples, homes, as well as commercial complexes, thereby giving the people an environment friendly option for decomposing their holy offerings. All of our products are charcoal free and pose no threat whatsoever to the environment.